Cosmo Tuesday Poll Results: 2/24/14

The poll results are in! The question was 'What did you think of the first Guardians of the Galaxy trailer?' And the winning answer is...

Everything is awesome!

It wasn't even close! 92% of our visitors seemed to love the first trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy, while the other 8% thought it was "good, but not great." No one thought it was terrible. That's a good sign!

Thanks to everyone who took part in the poll!


This past week was a big one. Not only did the first Guardians of the Galaxy trailer premiere, we got to hear Bradley Cooper as Rocket Raccoon for the first time! This week, we want to know...

This week's poll:
'Do you like Rocket Raccoon's movie voice?'

11 comments:

  1. Sided with the winning vote again! Not surprised with this one, though, that trailer was almost objectively awesome! And this week's poll... frequent readers of mine are likely aware that I can be very critical if I feel Rocket has been portrayed incorrectly in any way... I think the voice sounded great for Rocket! Lookin' forward to hearing more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really happy with the quick sound byte we heard. Bradley brings a boyish/ softer/ American voice to the role versus someone like Jason Statham (who I maybe envisioned as the voice) would have been too rough and mean. It does make more sense for Rocket to have an American voice anyways? North American animal and all..

      Delete
    2. It's a little strange hearing an American accent after getting used to the Cockney accent. But it still sounds good to me.

      Delete
    3. Well, he is from a different planet, he would have had the accent of whatever source taught him English. Accents are not genetic. But, yeah, I can definitely get used to this new voice! (Be a *bit* weird, though, since he still has the accent on Marvel Heroes)

      Delete
  2. It's hard to tell from that one soundbyte, but it sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed Bracley Cooper's soon-to-be awesome voice of Rocket Raccoon. It makes him sound like a gangster from New Jersey with a Jersey accent like Joe Pesci's character from Goodfellas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, when Rocket talks, very closely, you can hear a bit of Jersey accent, when he says

    ReplyDelete
  5. "This one here's our booty". Listen close to when he says "here's" and "our" and you'll hear him talk Jersey and he'll say heya's owa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to stay undecided, not because I don't like the voice (I think it sounds fine), but I really need to hear more before I can really judge. Other than that, I know Bradley Cooper won't let us down. He's a great actor and I'm sure he'll add a lot of depth to Rocket's character.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just thought I would point this out here. According to IMDB, Guardians of the Galaxy is the most viewed title on the site. The Lego Movie is second so Chris Pratt is getting some good exposure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked the new voice, but it'll take time to say goodbye to the *sniff* cockney accent.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment