Director James Gunn was on Pointless Podcast last week (the podcast was released this morning) and he revealed a few tidbits about Guardians of the Galaxy...
- While talking about originally getting the directing gig, James Gunn revealed that he originally went to Marvel about doing a Hit Monkey film.
- Discussing Rocket Raccoon, Gunn said, "Rocket is a result of countless and cruel, illegal genetic experiments, where he's been turned--from an innocent little creature, where he has an IQ of three, and he becomes this thing that's completely alone; this gnarled little beast...He's pretty sad."
- Speaking about Vin Diesel, the director said, "The ways in which Vin Diesel says, "I Am Groot", I am utterly astounded." He went on to reveal that Vin Diesel would ask him to interpret what Groot was saying in each scene before Diesel would record his lines.
- James Gunn's brother, Sean Gunn, played Rocket on the set.
- While Vin Diesel and Bradley Cooper recorded their lines, they were videotaped for reference.
- Glenn Close was NOT in the Millennium Bridge Set Pics.
- There's a overhead scene in the film, where Peter Quill is sleeping in the prison, while surrounded by aliens. Gunn called it the "Locked Up Abroad" scene.
- The Sakaaran aliens are standing in for the Badoon, since Marvel do not own the film rights to the Badoon.
- There will be no Skrulls in the film.
- Gunn mentioned a few days of additional shooting in the near future.
- "What Thanos wants in the comics is not exactly what Thanos wants in the films."
That's about all James Gunn revealed about Guardians of the Galaxy. The podcast is on iTunes right now if you want to listen to it.
Want to discuss anything that James Gunn revealed in the podcast? Drop us a comment below!