Newsarama recently caught up with Guardians of the Galaxy "pioneers," Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning. For those who don't know, these two men are responsible for creating the modern incarnation of the Guardians.Below are some of the highlights of the interview:
- Issue #1 of the 2-part movie prelude comic will be somewhat of an origin story of Nebula, and will feature Gamora and Thanos. Issue #2 will be a Rocket Raccoon and Groot "heist caper."
- Abnett and Lanning had to make sure to write the characters as who they are in the movie, not who they are in the comics.
- DnA were invited to the set by James Gunn on Twitter, after Lanning post a humorous reply to one of Gunn's tweets.
- Bill Rosemann came up with the idea to bring Rocket Raccoon back into the Marvel Universe in 2008.
- Lanning's story from the 100th Guardians Issue is being drawn by Phil Jimenez.
Head on over to Newarama for the full interview, which is a great read for fans of Dna's run of Guardians. There are also preview pages from the prelude comic. Make sure to come back and drop us a comment below and let us know what you think!